SCHOOLS - SECONDARY SCHOOL
A Christian High School;The name of the high school is called Conquerors Senior Secondary school located at Bugadde "B" Kityerera Sub County in Mayuge District. The school is near a trading, shopping and meeting center for more than half of the population, a distance of 145km from Kampala - the capital city of Uganda.
SCHOOL MOTTO: With God all things are possible
SCHOOL MISSION: Caring for orphans, needy and marginalized children as we offer holistic education for academic, social, economic and spiritual Excellency fit for global competition.
SCHOOL VISION: To produce a Godly transformed elite generation.
Illiteracy level is alarming in the region, many poverty stricken parents, HIV/AIDS victimized families and tens of thousands of orphans left behind by HIV/AIDS and civil wars.
African culture has for long been a great hazard to the girl education, viewed as useless leaving out many girls uneducated. Conquerors Senior Secondary School gives the girl child priority.
Mayuge district is among the 5 most populated districts in Uganda. It is the 3rd poorest district in Uganda. In Uganda we have about 121 districts. Mayuge district has a population of 461,200 people.
Due to the illiteracy level of the population, young men turn to less profitable activities for some "hope", Karat (playing cards for money), hunting animals, stealing, poor methods of farming, poor methods of fishing and some end up taking marijuana, opium and go on streets causing havoc to the society.
Young girls in the region enter early marriages, as you move around the villages of Mayuge district and Busoga region; you will meet short, young "mothers" girls of 12, 13, 15 years carrying babies on their backs!!!! Who are not planned for!!!!
As you continue moving around the villages of Mayuge district, you will agree with one researcher who said "No doubt" Mayuge has 85% polygamous families!
Conquerors senior secondary school is put in place to address these problems. The current population number of students in the school is 370, and the class subjects studied are ; Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agriculture, History, Geography, commerce, Economics, Fine Art and computer lessons basically theory as we still lack computers.
The school is registered with the ministry of Education and Sports; it runs under the governorship of an excellent board of governors, under the management of a management committee chaired by Pastor Frank Tibagendeka as the Director, working hand in hand with the Local community Leaders.
“To empower and support orphans and vulnerable children with quality education, discipline, practical skills for self-reliance.”.
· “To contribute to the promotion of socio-economic development through support to education and health initiatives, community empowerment and promotion of good cultural values and practices.”
· “To build the children's self-esteem and give them life skills for a better living.”.
· To contribute to health standards for children and youth. This is done through our medical health clinic also located at the ministry base and through medical outreaches and community sensitization.
· To modernize rural mind set into urban mind set though empowering the young generation with proper education.
· To establish a firm Christian foundation for the less privileged, the vulnerable, the needy by lifting God among the young/ youth and through ministering the love and care to all so that He may draw all to Himself.
· Reducing the impact of illiteracy, poverty and HIV/AIDS in Uganda.
· To enable pupils develop personal skills for problem solving in all aspects of life.
· Instilling and promoting national and international unity and an understanding of social and civic responsibilities. Education is a key factor to national International development.
Current challenges and needs of the high school:
- Sponsor a high school student for $30 per month or $360 for a year.
- You can donate a bicycle and bless a teacher for $120
- Computers are much needed as we are in Dot.com era
- School tipping truck to help in building constructions and can be hired to generate income to the school. ($30,000).
- There is need for the completion of an existing school building, furnishing it with window shutters, door shutters, making of the dirty floor with cement floor and wall finishing with paints.( cost when well-furnished - $15,000).
- Need for a teachers quarter building with apartments to house in 12 teachers (cost - $30,000)
- 3 crest plastic big tanks for harvesting rain water from building roofs ($2250)
- Need of 4 solar batteries replacement each with 200 watts ($1300)
- 100 classroom single seater desks needed in the examination hall ($2000)
- More text books needed as we have very few teaching books
- Need to build separate permanent dormitories for boys and girls at school
- (each dormitory building costs around $35,000) for 100 students.
- A big need for water well / bore hole for safe and clean drinking water for the kids at school and community ($6000).
- Soccer balls, scrabble games, pencils, pens, text books etc. are much needed
You can partner with our ministry in any way possible - through prayer, financial support, share our website with your friends, become a volunteer, or lead a mission trip to Uganda to help with our ministry activities.
We highly value you for having read through to the end, may God bless you.